Properties of essential oils
Essential oils have several properties that positively affect the body and mind. When used wisely, they can fight headaches, insomnia and stress. Essential oils have active ingredients. They have a strong antiviral and antibacterial effect. They have biologically active compounds and other beneficial ingredients.
Essential oils are perfect for therapeutic purposes. They can be used in diffusion, bathing, inhalation, massage or sauna.
The most popular essential oils and their effects
The list of uses for essential oils is truly impressive:
- analgesic: angelica oil, basil oil, eucalyptus oil, clove oil, lavender oil
- soothing cold: lavender, pine, fir, marjoram oil
- facilitating digestion: peppermint, anise, basil, grapefruit, marjoram oil
- antidepressants: sage, thyme, orange, juniper, lavender oils
- improving sleep: orange, basil, juniper, lavender oil
- calming: cedar, geranium, lavender, jasmine oil
- antibacterial: birch, lemon, dill, rose oil.