How Can Essential Oils Help Me?
- Inspire a Positive Emotional State: The different scents of Essential Oils uniquely activate the part of the brain that controls emotion and memory. Scents like Lavender, Peppermint, Bergamot, and Ylang Ylang can encourage peace, balance, and joy.
- Health and Healing: Where do we begin? The list of physical ailments that Essential Oils can soothe is, quite literally, pages long. Suffice it to say that any medical malady you’re experiencing has an Essential Oil remedy. From cold and flu and muscle pain to digestive discomfort and depression, Essential Oils can solve it all.
- Disinfect the Home: Unfortunately, most store bought cleaners contain harsh chemicals. You can avoid those toxins by utilising the gentle yet effective cleaning power of Essential oils like Lemon and Tea Tree.
- Enhance Skin: Essential Oils are the skin’s best friend because they can clear complexion, soften signs of ageing, and nurture skin and hair.
How Do I Use Essential Oils?
- Aromatherapy: Use a diffuser to send the scent of your chosen Essential Oils through the air. Your body and mind will both benefit by breathing in the aroma, and it will also purify the air of unwanted odours and airborne pathogens.
- Topical: Add to a base oil, like coconut oil, and massage into the skin. The chemical structure of Essential Oils allows them to be absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream for internal benefit throughout the body. This also works by soaking a washcloth in a blend of hot water and 10 drops Essential Oil. The recommended dilution to avoid irritation when applying to the skin is 2.5%. Some citrus oils can increase sensitivity to sunlight.
- Internal: Essential Oils don’t accumulate in the body – they just do their job and move on. Be sure to check with with a professional before ingesting any essential oil.