Essential oils are the perfect way to naturally deodorise your home without having to worry about the toxic chemical fragrances, that line the aisles of grocery stores. The chemicals in many conventional fragrances act as endocrine disruptors in our bodies, which interferes with our hormone production.
The same negative side effects of these chemicals can also affect our children and pets. Using essential oils to naturally deodorise the air will leave our homes smelling fresh and clean without any need to worry about the negative side effects.
Essential oils can neutralise those odours that linger in your home that are hard to get rid of, such as that bothersome musty air or wet dog smell.
When you deodorise with essential oils, you don’t have to worry about chemicals, while naturally neutralising stubborn odours, but you will also reap the benefits of the aromatic health boosting properties of these naturally derived, plant-based oils.
Read on to learn how to make your own natural deodorising mist spray with essential oil.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 cup distilled or boiled water
6-12 drops of Essential Oils (see below for oil blend suggestions)
1 BPA free spray bottle
2 tablespoons of Witch Hazel or Vodka (The witch hazel or vodka is to help your oils mix with the water, you can leave it out if you don’t have it)
What to do:
- Add everything to a spray bottle.
- Shake well.
- Spray in around the house whenever you feel the need to deodorise. Simple!
Some of our favourite essential oil blends:
- Lavender & Lemon for a quick carpet refresh
- Rosemary, Grapefruit & Lemon for a deodorising immune system boost
- Orange & Cinnamon Leaf to boost your work area productivity
- Chamomile & Lavender for a peaceful sleep
- Tea Tree, Lemon and Eucalyptus to eliminate bad odours
- Lavender, Tea Tree & Orange helps stress reduction
- Grapefruit, Peppermint & Bergamot for an energising kick
It’s a great in-expensive way to fragrance the air without using harsh chemicals…as a bonus they make great house warming gifts.